Who can apply:
Every person who does not have Portuguese nationality can apply for undergraduate study programmes and who:
- are not nationals of a Member State of the European Union;
- have not legally resided in Portugal for more than two years, uninterruptedly, on August 31 of the year in which they intend to enter higher education;
- are not attending a Portuguese higher education institution as part of an international mobility program.
In order to be admitted as an international student the applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Hold a qualification that grants access to higher education, understood as any diploma or certificate issued by a competent authority, attesting to the student completion of an educational programme that confers them the right to apply and enrol in higher education in the country in which it was awarded;
- Hold specific academic qualifications in the areas of knowledge required for the study programme they are applying to, according to the Call for International Student at the Polytechnic Institute of Castelo Branco;
- Have a level of Portuguese language (level B2) knowledge documented, or commit to achieving it in the IPCB during the studies duration. Applicants who have attended secondary education in Portuguese, or who come from countries with an official Portuguese language, are exempt from presenting this proof;
- Meet the prerequisites, if required for the study programme they are applying (see Call for International Student at the Polytechnic Institute of Castelo Branco).
Applications should be submitted online: https://academicos.ipcb.pt/cssnet/page
The first step is to register. You will receive an automatic email with the access data for registration confirmation.
Documents to be submitted online at the time of application:
- Copy of ID card or valid passport issued by the home-country authorities;
- Document proving the required qualifications, indicating the subjects and respective classifications. Once at Castelo Branco, the student will have to show the originals of the documents sent in digital format in the application;
- Declaration of International Student and proof that you have the Prerequisits that are established for the study programme you wish to enrol;
- Evidence of Portuguese language knowledge, if applicable, or declaration of commitment that the student will attend a Portuguese language course at the IPCB. Students who have attended secondary education in Portuguese language do not need to present this proof.
By the end of this process an application fee will be asked (50€).
Students enrolling in the Portuguese higher education system under the International Student status will keep this status until the end of the study programme.
For more information, check the IPCB International Student Regulation
The applicant must take the Portuguese admission exams as a self-proposed student or take the IPCB admission tests that are equivalent to the Portuguese national admission exams for the study programme to which he/she is applying (see Call for International Student at the Polytechnic Institute of Castelo Branco)
The exam/test results considered in the application are those obtained in the calendar year in which you are applying or in the two calendar years prior to the application.